Weekend Hashtag Project: #WHPframed
Weekend Hashtag Project is a series featuring designated themes & hashtags chosen by Instagram’s Community Team. For a chance to be featured on the Instagram blog, follow @instagram and look for a photo announcing the weekend’s project every Friday.
The goal this weekend is to use a frame as a creative prop in your photos. Some tips to get you started:
- Think of your composition as a photo within a photo. Your frame will call attention to a specific part of your scene. Use it to emphasize unexpected elements or highlight details that might otherwise go unnoticed.
- Your prop doesn’t have to be a traditional picture frame. Objects like tires, eyeglasses or even your own two hands can stand in as creative substitutes.
- Keep your frame level with your phone for a straight on composition, or try tilting it forward and backwards to create more unconventional shapes.
PROJECT RULES: Please only add the #WHPframed hashtag to photos taken over this weekend and only submit your own photographs to the project. Any image taken then tagged over the weekend is eligible to be featured right here Monday morning!
Happy Birthday Vine! Click to take a look at some of Mashable’s best moments on Vine this year.
As so many reflect on the 30th anniversary of the Mac, this is the perfect way to look back at not only that product line, but all the different Apple product lines throughout the years.
So well done. Easily worth the price. It’s art.
Also be sure to check out the Celebrate the Mac site the team behind the book made yesterday.
The Week on Instagram | 86
- Jakarta Globe: Indonesia’s First Lady to Host Instagram Gathering
- The Atlantic: The Visual Signature of Your City, in Instagram Photos
- Food & Wine: Chefs Celebrate July 4th on Instagram
Around the Community